You can change the difficulty of The Falconeer via the settings menu. It has 3 difficulties: easy, normal, and hardcore.
The casual experience.
Recommended for those who don't regularly play video games, have accessibility needs, or just want to play for the story.
- Enemies deal half damage
- Your pots cannot explode
The standard difficulty.
Recommended for the average gamer.
The equal combat mode.
Recommended for those doing a second playthrough or that want a serious challenge. Your advantage over enemies is significantly reduced.
- Enemies deal double damage, equal to the Pristine (★★★★★★) weapons grade.
- Enemy accuracy is higher
- You can take self-damage from exploding sea mines
- Friendly fire is enabled between you and allies
- You do not get free ammo refills at your home
- Your health is reduced, equal to enemy health levels
- Your health regen is reduced
- Your pots overcharge faster and break faster from explosive damage
- You lose more splinters on death